Thursday, April 28, 2022

 

Final Reflection - ITD 612P

I have found the instructional design process to be valuable in thinking about how to achieve learning objectives and create assessments that actually measure those assessments. In the hurried life of a teacher, it can be easy at times to overlook the careful thought that must be given to instructional design and assessment. The design process allows one to slow down and think about learning and the results that are sought in the end. It was interesting to learn about task analysis and learner analysis, as these are both important factors in designing lessons.

A challenge for me is making sure that my assessment matches the learning activitiy. For example, I learned to think about embedding questions as students watch a video. This is a wonderful way to measure student attentiveness and absorption while they are viewing a video. Another challenge is encouraging student interaction through an online class. Asking students to comment on what is being studied, and comment on their peers posts is a great way to try to connect students to one another.

If I could do something differently in the ITD 612 project, I may have chosen a different module. I am now teaching workforce development employability skills, so in a future project I can explore something along those lines. I do plan to share my syllabus unit with the English department at my institution to see if they are interested in adapting it.

Overall, the ITD 612 Design Project was a helpful experience in my journey in instructional design. I look forward to learning even more skills moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Final Reflection - ITD 612P I have found the instructional design process to be valuable in thinking about how to achieve learning objecti...